Constitution of IEEE Student Branch of North South University, Dhaka
Drafted 15th September, 2013; Edited – 24th February,2016
Preamble to the Constitution
In order to promote the advancement of the electrical engineering profession, to foster a spirit of cooperation between electrical engineering faculty and students, to uphold the laws of the national organization of IEEE as set forth in its constitution and rules of North South University as recorded in the student handbook, we do ordain and establish this constitution for the Student Branch of IEEE at North South University.
Article I | Name and Purpose
Section 1: Name
This organization shall be known as IEEE NSU Student Branch.
Section 2: Purpose
The purpose shall be the dissemination of knowledge of the theory and practice of all aspects of electrical engineering, computer science, or the related arts and sciences, as well as the furtherance of the professional development of the students.
Section 3: Rules of Operation
The organization and operation of the branch shall be in accordance with the constitution and bylaws of the IEEE as well as the rules and regulations of North South University, Dhaka.
Article II | Membership
Section 1: Eligibility
Each student member of the IEEE NSU Student Branch must meet all of the following requirements:
1. The membership shall consist of the Student members of the IEEE.
2. Register their IEEE membership number and name with the Branch.
3. Be classified as an undergraduate or graduate student at North South University.
4. Complete and abide by all requirements that may be imposed on branch members by North South University.
Section 2: Code of Conduct
1. Members must be respectful towards others in the organization and must maintain professionalism at all times.
2. Harassment and discrimination of any sort is strictly intolerable and would result in major consequences.
3. In order to be an active member, the member must attend meetings, participate and volunteer in the events organized throughout the year.
4. Members are required to be at their upmost behavior and abide by ethical standards at all times. Dishonesty and wrong deeds are intolerable from members.
5. The members represent the organization in the campus as well as outside, therefore, it is expected from them that they don't do anything that jeopardizes the reputation and integrity of Student Branch.
Section 2: Loss of Membership
Any branch member who fails to comply with any of the requirements listed in Section 1 and Section 2 will immediately forfeit his or her membership in the Student Branch.
Section 3: Branch Counselor
A faculty member of the University’s Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science will serve as the Branch Counselor and will perform the duties described in the branch by laws and regulations of the Executive Bodies.