IEEE North South University Student Branch, Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) was established on the 5 th January, 2017. It is the first Robotics and Automation Society Student Chapter in Bangladesh.
Keeping in line with the parent body of IEEE RAS, the mission IEEE NSU SB RAS is to –“ facilitate the exchange of scientific and technological knowledge in Robotics and Automation that benefits members, the profession and humanity.” IEEE NSU RAS also aims to maintain good academic standards in research and other literary forms relating this field.
The vision of IEEE NSU SB RAS is to make this student chapter a shining beacon of quality, creativity, academic integrity and innovation. From the very beginning IEEE NSU SB RAS has been encouraging the dissipation of robotics and automation related knowledge within the engineering student body of North South University. Since the beginning of IEEE NSU RAS, Its members have been actively and enthusiastically bring into realization workshops on robotics.
IEEE NSU RAS has conducted multiple workshops including “Basic Robotics Workshop” for beginners, workshop on Arduino, Robotics Workshop for intermediate level, “ROBO101” in collaboration with NSU ACM SC, etc. IEEE NSU RAS aims to
- Promote and Foster the development of robotics and automation in an academic setting
- Get members interested in robotics and automation to dive deeper and gain practical
- Give potentially interested IEEE members adequate exposure to the field of Robotics
- Foster research among IEEE NSU student body relating to the field of robotics and
- Produce leaders in the field of engineering through the continued support of IEEE NSU
Dr. Lamia Iftekhar
RAS SC Advisor