IEEE WIE NSU, an Affinity Group from NSU Student Branch, dedicated to promoting women and inspiring girls from North South University and around the world to follow their academic interests to a career in IT and engineering. This affinity group was established on 20th June 2016, and since then, its members have been actively working on their events and projects.
IEEE WIE strives to:
- recognize women’s outstanding achievements in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations;
- organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE;
- advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession;
- assist with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities;
- promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior member and Fellow;
- facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs;
- administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools.
Dr. Shohana Rahman Deeba
WIE AG Advisor